On Behalf of the United States Muslim Community
July 19, 2003
|To:||Mr. Mirza Masroor Ahmad, Chief Qadiani|
|Ahmadi / Qadiani Headquarter|
|16 Gressenhall Rd. SW18 5QL|
|London, United Kingdom|
Dear Mr. Mirza Masroor,
Peace of Allah be upon those who adhere to truth and work earnestly to eradicate confusion from the world.
Since the proclamation of prophethood by your great grandfather, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani, in 1901, an atmosphere of animosity and mistrust has existed between over one and half billion Muslims and the tiny Qadiani community. Anti-Islamic forces have used this opportunity to promote Islamic ideology as dogmatic and intolerant of small minorities. As you do know, this is far from the truth: the Word of Allah, the Holy Quran, unequivocally states that Muslims should be tolerant of others and that there shall be no compulsion in belief.
The point of contention between Muslims and Qadianis lays in insistence by the followers of Mirza Ghulam to use Islamic symbols and terminology in promoting their sectarian and intolerant ideas. Even though many of the claims and teachings advanced by Mirza Ghulam are in direct violation of the Holy Quran and authentic teachings of Prophet Muhammad(SAW), Qadianis profess to be the only real Muslims and representatives of the religion of Islam.
Mirza Ghulam�s teachings are riddled with unIslamic concepts as depicted below:
- Mirza Ghulam claimed to be an improved reincarnation of Prophet Muhammad(SAW);
- Mirza Ghulam proclaimed prophethood, which contradicts the Islamic tenet of the Finality of Prophethood (Khatmay-Nabuwat) stated in the Holy Quran and taught by Prophet Hazrat Muhammad(SAW);
- Whereas Hazrat Isa (Jesus – Peace be upon him) is acknowledged as a great prophet of Allah in Islam, Mirza Ghulam took the liberty of making demeaning and vulgar remarks against him and his honored mother, rejected his miracles, belittled his mission and denied his return before the Day of Judgment. It is such unbecoming teachings that have resulted in hateful retributions by extremist Christians evangelical groups against Muslims, Prophet Muhammad(SAW), and Islam;
- Whereas all Prophets of Allah exerted the utmost effort against tyranny, extremism and oppression, Mirza Ghulam declared that struggle for freedom, independence and self-determination, as indicated in revealed scriptures, was prohibited;
- Mirza Ghulam intolerantly proclaimed the entire mankind, except those who accept his irrational notions and agree to financially contribute to his organization, are unbelievers and bound for hell.
Mr. Mirza Masroor, we like to invite you to abandon the offensive and self-destructive innovations of your great grandfather. As Allah is our witness, the influence, wealth, comfort and prestige your family has been enjoying are pale in comparison to Allah�s reward and punishment. Please join the Muslim Ummah, as tens of thousands of former victims of Qadianism have done in recent years, and admit, in all humility and honesty, that the Ahmadi mission is nothing more than a family venture, a political movement, a man-made cult and a passing lunacy, unjustly associated with Islam.
On the other hand, if you do not seek the pleasure of Allah and the abode of the hereafter and prefer to continue the business of your forefathers, we urge you to desist using Islamic terminology and symbols and associating Qadiani beliefs and teachings with Islam. Qadiani creeds and notions are fundamentally different from those taught by the Holy Quran and the last of the Prophets, Muhammad(SAW), are offensive and intolerant of other faiths, and have routinely resulted in interfaith discord. Please stop disseminating seeds of confusion, frustration and strife among the civilizations, while claiming to represent Islam. “Ahmadiyyah” mission has no relations whatsoever with the religion of Islam.
In the name and service of Allah Almighty and hoping that you and your unfortunate followers are guided to the path of truth and righteousness – that of Islam.