[qadianism] Al A'raf: 35
By Umar Aadil Abdul Rahman McKloskey @mailcity.com
8:15pm
Wed
10
Feb

Al A'raf 35 (Translation of the Meaning):

O ye Children of Adam!
Whenever there come to you
<Rasul> from amongst you,
Rehearsing My Signs unto you -
Those who are righteous
And mend (their lives),-
On them shall be no fear,
Nor shall they grieve.

A. Yusuf Ali, trans.

I have interpolated the transliteration of the Arabic "Rasul" 
into Yusuf Ali's translation (he used the word "Apostle", 
because that is what the Holy Qur'an actually says. It doesn't say 
"prophet", it says "Rasul" that is, "messenger",
a "message-bearing prophet".

In other words, the qadiani point is not well-taken. This ayat has 
nothing to do with showing the coming of a new prophet, and my 
question #1 from my list in "Negative Evidence" (below) 
therefore remains open - and unanswered. No one from among the 
qadianis has shown even one ayat that could be regarded as 
mentioning any such coming.

But I would like to mention an ayat that underscores why the whole
qadiani campaign  produces such anger among the Muslims:

Shura: 13

The same religion He
Established for you as that
Which he enjoined on Noah -
The which We have sent
By inspiration to thee -
And that which we enjoined
On Abraham, Moses, and Jesus:
Namely, that ye should remain
Steadfast in Religion, and
Make no divisions therein.

Note well: "Make no divisions therein".

Regarding the other points, I have already given evidence to prove that
mirza qadiani could not be either Imam Mahdi (A.S.) or the return of 
Isa (A.S.). But more to the point, no evidence has been adduced that 
either of them will appear in the capacity of prophets; while the 
citations mentioned in my other posts clearly show that they will not
appear in such a capacity.

My four remaining points were never answered, despite the qadiani promise
to do so. They are listed below, together with the discredited answers 
to my first two questions.

I would urge the qadianis to study the Holy Qur'an and its meanings 
before undertaking to change the plain meaning of an ayat, as they did
here  in Al A'raf: 35.

 From: Abdul Aziz < aa-@axe.humboldt.edu >
> To:  qadianis-@egroups.com 
> Subject: [qadianism] Re: negative evidence showing there can be no prophet
after Rasulullah (s.a.w.)
> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:01:45 -0800 (PST)
> Message-ID: < Pine.OSF.3.96.990203194314.20648B-10000-@axe.humboldt.edu >
> 
> Mr. McKlosky: Please read reaponse to your questions from an Ahmadi.
> 
> On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Umar Aadil Abdul Rahman McKloskey wrote:
> 
> > Some questions to ask qadianis:
> > 
> > 1. Allah mentioned the coming of prophets in earlier revelations. He
didn't mention any such coming in all of the Holy Qur'an, revealed over a
period of 22 years. Why?
> > --------------------------------------------------
> Allah (swa) exhorts all children of Adam to follow whenever a prophet
> appears. (see Al'Araaf ayah 35). Now if no prophet was to be sent by God
> then why did He say so. To deceive us? Please note that this ayah is in
> command mode and in no way can you interpret it as a command to those
> people who died before the appearance of Prophet Muhammad (SAS)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------- 
> > 2. There is voluminous evidence that  Rasulullah (s.a.w.) mentioned the
coming of a reviver of religious sciences in each century; he also mentioned
the return of Isa (p.b.u.h.). But there is no evidence that he ever
mentioned the coming of a new prophet after him. Why?
> > -------------------------------------------------
> There is no doubt that Prophet Muhammad (SAS) spoke at length about the
> coming of Jesus as Mahdi to Muslim ummah. It does not mean that Mahdi will
> be in the body of old Jesus. It can be proved from Quran that Jesus died a
> natural death and when a person dies then Quran says that his soul will
> not be returned till the day of qiama. Also if you study bilble you find
> similar wrong belief among the Jews. Bible says that before the coming of
> Messiah (Jesus) another Prophet (Elijah) whom was taken to heaven earlier
> will return. When the Jews asked Issa (AS) about the return of Elijah, his
> answer was that the prophesy was fullfilled in the person of prophet John.
> Now let us assume the coming of Messiah for Muslims is to be fullfilled by
> the coming of the very old Jesus. Since he is now going to be for the
> whole world and not only for the Jews, they will ask him to explain his
> answer which he gave them when ha came first time. They will say that
> either you lied first time or you are lying now. Last time you said that
> second coming was fullfilled in tha appearance of another person and now
> you say it is fullfilled in the appearance of the same person.
>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 3. There are no dua's to ask for the coming of a new prophet in times of trouble. Why?
> > -------------------------------
> While you are considering me answers to your querries InshaAllah in a few
> days time I shall respond to the rest. Wassalaam.
> ------------------------------------------------------
> > 4. Even in the worst of times, under the Mongol hordes, or other
calamities, there is no evidence that any Muslim ever asked Allah to send us
another prophet. Why?
> > 
> > 5. For 1,300 years before the qadianis, no school of thought emerged
among the Muslims that believed in the coming of a new prophet. Why?
> > 
> > 6. Rasulullah (s.a.w.) mentioned specifically that he would be followed
by 30 false prophets. He did not mention that even one true prophet would
follow him, or provide us with any indication of how such a new prophet
should evidence himself. Surely Rasulullah (s.a.w.) knew that telling us
about many false prophets without telling us how to distinguish between the
true and the false would confuse us. Unless, of course, there were no new
prophets to come after him. Why?
> > 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/qadianism